Politeknik Kesehatan Semarang | Perpustakaan
Basic Nursing Patricia A. Potter and Anne Griffin Perry
FREE : KLIK GAMBAR DI BAWAH INI UNTUK MELIHAT ISI
Basic Nursing is known for its direct, easy-to-read style and visually appealing design, making it perfect for busy nursing students. It covers all essential nursing principles, concepts, and skills and consistently follows the 5-step nursing process framework. With a strong focus on critical thinking, lead authors Patricia A. Potter and Anne Griffin Perry provide an excellent foundation for clinicals.
- The 5-step nursing process provides you with a constant framework for all the clinical chapters.
- Unique! Improved readability makes it easy to understand key concepts.
- Care Plans demonstrate the application of the 5-step nursing process to individual patient problems.
- Companion CD helps you learn and apply textbook content with tutorials, audio glossaries, and video clips highlighting different skills.
- Audio chapter summaries allow for easy content review, even on the go.
- English/Spanish audio glossary provides definitions and explanations of key terms.
- Unique! Video icons direct you to videos of skills on the Evolve website for additional practice.
- Each skill includes unexpected outcomes and related interventions to alert you to what might go wrong and how to react.
- Key terms reinforce key points in the text and familiarize you with the language of nursing and health care.
- Unique! Synthesis in Practice boxes tie case studies to appropriate theory, helping you gain insight into the how? and why? of nursing care.
- Unique! Evaluation boxes provide you with a follow-up to case studies and help you relate the situation to actual practice.
- Best Practice boxes relate how research can be applied to everyday practice.
- Patient Teaching boxes instruct you how to best teach a patient about self-care.
- Care of the Older Adult boxes highlight changes that occur with aging and how they affect delivery of nursing care.
- Cultural Focus boxes alert you to care issues unique to people of specific cultural backgrounds.
- Delegation coverage teaches you to delegate appropriately for comprehensive, safe patient care.
- Key points summarize the most important information and act as a quick refresher tool.
- Review questions prepare you for the NCLEX® examination.
- Critical thinking exercises relate real scenarios to those you will encounter in clinicals and practice.
- Chapter on evidence-based practice shows how to use research to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Chapter on informatics and documentation covers use of key resources and sets standards for understanding and updating the patient record.
- Unique! Chapter case studies demonstrate how key nursing diagnoses affect specific patients.
- Addresses the QSEN competencies for quality care and safe practice.
- Unique! Concept maps make abstract processes clear and concrete.
- Unique! Safety guidelines focus on safe and effective skills performance.
- Skills are separated at the end of Clinical chapters to increase readability.